Phew- I’m back again. Things have been crazy busy latelyand I’ve been enjoying summertime with friends and family. It’s not that I haven’t had the time to work on the blog per se. In fact, I’ve had plenty of time to cook and share pics on Instagram and I’ve got some great recipes lined up for the next couple of posts but I haven’t felt motivated at all to write. Sometimes I wonder if you’d still come to visit this little corner of the internet if all I did was share recipes. The writing and being open and trying to “find my voice” can get a little exhausting after a while.
I just read this article about “The Importance of Just Starting” and procrastination. It made me realize that maybe I’ve been procrastinating when it comes to the blog a little more than I would like to admit. I love reading what other bloggers have to say, though, so I’m going to push through and do my best to just start writing. This isn’t a Tumblr, after all.
So let’s start with these overnight oats. Since everyone seems to love my recipes for Vanilla Overnight Oats and Latte Overnight Oats, I thought I would start sharing more overnight grain recipes since this soaking technique is just so easy and perfect for hot summer days.
For this recipe, you put a bunch of ingredients in a jar, shake it all up, and store the jar in the fridge overnight or until you’re ready to eat them. I love making overnight oats during my Sunday food prep since they keep me full until lunchtime and I don’t have to turn on the stove! Double win.
I’ve read that you can eat overnight oats cold or warm but I definitely prefer mine cold. And because I want to feel like I’m on vacation in the islands, this recipe is a piña colada flavor. I took the classic Vanilla Overnight Oats I have on the blog and added shredded coconut, pineapple yogurt and more fresh pineapple. Now you can pretend you’re sipping on a cool drink while you eat these oats.
If you make this recipe, be sure to share on social media and use #24carrotlife!
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 and 1/3 cup rolled oats, gluten free optional
- 1 cup 0% pineapple greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons sweetener of choice (only if yogurt is not flavored/sweetened) like maple syrup, honey brown sugar, etc
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- fresh pineapple to mix in or put on top
- Add all ingredients to a mason jar or closed container and stir or shake to combine completely.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours.
- The next morning, you can add extra water or almond milk until the oats reach your desired consistency.
- Add more pineapple if you'd like and eat cold.
Another overnight oats recipes: Cherry Coconut Overnight Oats