I took advantage of this long weekend to catch up on some reading for my blog, although I wish I had made some more recipes. I’m off to Boston on Wednesday, so there might be a little lull in posts towards the end of next week.
I have been loving overnight oat recipes ever since I started reading food blogs religiously. It is a great way to get a couple extra minutes of sleep since you don’t have to worry about preparing a healthy and filling breakfast. Angela over at Oh She Glows is always coming up with amazing overnight oat recipes. I decided to start simple here, though.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, gluten free optional (I made mine instant by putting them in the blender for a few seconds but this step is also optional)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (I used 0% fat)
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup-3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Combine all ingredients in a jar. Close the jar and shake until well combined.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight and add more milk in the morning if you would like a thinner consistency.
- Top with fruit and/or granola.