I’m sorry in advance for the slightly excessive number of photos of chicken wings in this post but I just couldn’t help myself. I almost showed you what my plate looked like after I was done devouring these babies but then I thought maybe that would be gross. But, you guys, I am so darn excited about sharing this recipe with you!
You see, I’m not someone who really enjoys going to a bar, drinking a bunch of beers, and eating bar food while watching a sports game. It’s just not my thing. I know, so un-American of me. Add to the equation that lots of beer plus lots of bar food isn’t exactly the healthiest thing, so I try to steer clear of both.
But I get it now.
I get why people love bar food so much. It is greasy, and salty, and down right delicious. And now that I’ve made my own buffalo chicken wings, I think I’m obsessed.
I recently tried Frank’s Hot Sauce for the first time, so when I saw that this month’s Recipe Redux challenge was to spice things up a bit I knew I wanted to use Frank’s in my recipe. Turns out that Frank’s makes a special buffalo sauce for wings too. Bingo! I decided to bake myself some chicken wings. Not only were these the most delicious things in the world, but they were so easy to make. The “broil” setting on my oven is now my new best friend. It gets the skin on the wings perfectly crispy.
Traditionallly buffalo wings are paired with a blue cheese sauce. I made another cheesy variation, though, using 0% greek yogurt, goat cheese, and fresh dill. I was spooning this straight into my mouth. It still has the same tang as a blue cheese dip but feels a little lighter, and you’re getting some extra protein from the greek yogurt.
So what are you waiting for? Go ahead….get your fingers dirty and dig in!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup Frank’s buffalo hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs buffalo chicken wings (I bought mine already prepared from Whole Foods)
- 1 cup 0% greek yogurt
- 2.5 oz. goat cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Combine olive oil, hot sauce, and salt in a bowl and whisk to mix completely.
- Add wings to a large bowl and pour half of the hot sauce mixture over the wings. Toss to coat and set aside for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Set oven to broil.
- Spread wings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove, flip the wings, and broil for another 15-20 minutes. You may need to add more time- you will know the wings are done when the skin is crispy and browned.
- While the wings are cooking, add goat cheese, greek yogurt, and fresh dill to a small bowl and mix to combine completely.
- Toss wings in the remaining hot sauce mixture and serve immediately with dill goat cheese dipping sauce.
[inlinkz_linkup id=480239 mode=1]
Susan Mathes says
I don;t even like buffalo wings and I want these!! What a clever combo with the goat cheese/dill dip.
Everyone likes goat cheese!!
This recipe will definitely win the challenge!! Thanks.
YUM! These wings look so good, and I love that you made the dip healthy by using Greek yogurt instead! Great gameday snack!