I know this dessert doesn’t exactly lend itself to a conversation about working out, but that’s what we’re going to talk about first. Then I’ll get back to this chocolatey goodness…
There is a gym in my apartment building that I’ve been using on and off since I moved in. It’s pretty limited, though, in the machines and weights so I started toying with the idea of joining a gym back in the fall. During the summer, I was able to run outside and going to the November Project (a free outdoor bootcamp class in cities across the U.S.). I kept running up until I left for Mexico at Christmas time. When I came back, the weather was just too cold so it was back indoors.
I wasn’t convinced by any of the gyms near me so I wasn’t ready to the pull the trigger…until I found out that ClassPass opened in Philadelphia. If you’re not familiar with ClassPass, it is a monthly subscription for unlimited classes at any of the participating studios. I’d heard good things, so I took the plunge and I’m so glad I did!
I’ve been trying new studios almost every day. So far, I’ve done pilates, yoga, spin, and even rowing classes. Often times these classes are way more challenging than I would ever do on my own in the gym. I’m hoping that they’ll keep adding studios and classes to Philadelphia, and I’m also really excited to try out studios in other cities when I’m traveling for work this year.
Joining ClassPass was just what I needed to change up my workout routine and motivate me to get back into my healthy eating rhythm. I’ve been planning my workouts and meals on Sundays for the entire week ahead, which helps me stay on track while busy.
Have any of you tried ClassPass?
So back to this chocolate hazelnut mousse…it’s as healthy as dessert can get and is made with only three natural ingredients! Just coconut cream, dark chocolate and hazelnut butter. It is seriously rich, so don’t be fooled by the small amount per serving when you divide it into four cups. But trust me when I say that you will fall in love immediately!
This is not a sponsored post. I’m just excited about Classpass and wanted to share it with you all!
- 1 14 ounce can of full fat coconut cream
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate (~60% cocoa)
- 1/4 cup roasted hazelnut butter
- toppings: whipped coconut cream, pomegranate seeds, chopped hazelnuts
- Chill your can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight.
- Flip the can upside down, open, and pour the coconut water off (save for smoothies!).
- Spoon the coconut cream into a large bowl.
- Microwave chocolate in 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Add chocolate and hazelnut butter to coconut cream and beat until light and fluffy (like whipped cream).
- Divide into four small cups or ramekins (you can add it to a small plastic bag, cut the corner and pipe the mousse into the cups if you'd like).
- Top with whipped coconut cream, pomegranate seeds, and chopped hazelnuts.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to a day. Let sit at room temperature for at least an hour before serving.
If you can't find hazelnut butter, place roasted hazelnuts in a food processor and process until they turn into a smooth butter.