Fall may be in full swing but I’m still feeling lazy when it comes to turning the oven on so I’m all about those no-bake recipes. Give me a week or so and then I’ll be all “PUMPKIN OH MY GOD” but I always need a little bit of transition time into a new season.
This No Bake Pie is sooo killer! The crust is beyond easy since you just crumble room temperature Peanut Butter Perfect Bars into a pie pain and then press it all down with your fingers. Perfect Bars are basically my criptonite these days and I made another chocolatey recipe a little while back with them. My fridge is filled to the max with Perfect Bars and they make such a good afternoon snack. My only problem is that I can never stop after just half of one (which is plenty) because they taste so darn good. #foodieproblems, amirite?!
The filling for this pie is just as good- it’s made with just a few ingredients and is super rich. Funny story: I originally wanted to make the filling a little lighter and higher in protein by using silken tofu instead of coconut cream but I couldn’t find silken tofu anywhere! I even went to three different grocery stores! It was kind of devastating and I was less than impressed with the Brooklyn Whole Foods after this realization. Then I had a little snafu when making the whipped coconut cream and I lost a whole can in the process but luckily I had two so the second one saved me cuz I was not about to go to another grocery store. Even with all the issues that happened during the making of this dessert, I’d say it turned out pretty darn good.
Because one slice is so rich, Daniel and I started sharing and we had a slice every night until the pie was gone.
I received product from Perfect Bar at no cost as a part of this post and was compensated for my work. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make 24 Carrot Life possible.
- 4 Peanut Butter Perfect bars, room temperature
- 1/2-1 14 ounce can of coconut cream
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee, optional for a stronger chocolate flavor
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- chopped peanuts and chocolate chips, for garnish
- coconut oil baking spray
- Chill your can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight.
- Crumble Perfect Bars into a greased pie pan and gently press down with your fingers until the crust is even across the bottom and sides of the pan and has no cracks (or as few as you can get).
- Flip your coconut cream can upside down, open it, and pour any coconut water off the top (save it for smoothies!).
- Spoon half or the whole jar of coconut cream (depending on how rich you want the filling to be) into a large bowl and beat until light and fluffy (like whipped cream).
- Microwave chocolate in 30 second intervals until completely melted and add into the whipped coconut cream. Beat again until well combined and fluffy again (should be just a few more seconds). Don’t overbeat if possible.
- Spoon chocolate mousse over the peanut butter crust and spread until even.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Top with crushed salted peanuts and chocolate chips.