Peaches are at their best this time of the year, and I intend on taking full advantage of it.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy peaches is by roasting them with a touch of honey and topping them with vanilla greek yogurt and granola. This satisfies my sweet tooth at the end of the day, and would also be a great breakfast or snack during the day.
Did I also mention that this “recipe” is so easy to make that you don’t even have to know how to cook? You just have to know how to turn on the oven and not burn the house down. I have faith in you.
I like to top my peaches with non fat greek yogurt, but you could also do whipped cream or whipped coconut cream.
- 3 ripe peaches
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons honey per peach half
- 1 cup 0% greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Slice the peaches in half using a sharp knife. Twist both sides to release the pit. Remove the pit from the second half with your fingers. Place the peace halves on a greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of honey to the middle of each peach halve.
- Cook for 25 minutes.
- While peaches are cooking mix greek yogurt and vanilla extract together.
- Remove peaches and let cool slightly. Top with greek yogurt and granola (I used this recipe) before serving.
Such a simple treat! Love it! I have a couple yellow peaches here that will be perfect for this!
Meme @ Living Well Kitchen says
Looks incredibly delicious and easy, Katie! I absolutely adore peaches and can never get enough of them in August. Can’t wait to try this simple recipe 🙂