I almost didn’t share these chocolate chip cookies with you. And then I realized how crazy that was because I have single-handedly eaten a dozen of these in the last three days, so they’re obvi pretty good/I have really little self control when there are dozens of cookies laying around my apartment.
Welcome to the first of many healthy(er) holiday treats. Over the next couple of weeks, I will be sharing healthier versions of favorite holiday treats so you can indulge and still feel good this time of year. I have a great list of recipes and fingers crossed that I get around to making and sharing all of them with you before Christmas/New Year’s! And I’ll be hosting a few different giveaways, starting today with one for a $20 Paypal gift card plus bonus coupons!
Now, for more about these cookies. I was determined to make a fudgy yet healthier chocolate chip cookie that would rival any other butter and sugar filled treat you can find on the interwebs these days. Well, it turns out that is WAY harder than you might think and I now have a LOT more respect for baking bloggers.
Instead of super fudgy cookies, I got slightly cakey on the edges and undercooked fudginess in the middle. The perfect balance, made even better by a sprinkle of coarse sea salt. Everything should have sea salt. Just sayin’.
Cookies are the most perfect gift for friends or family (in my humble opinion) and are great host/hostess gifts for holiday parties! For a pretty gift, wrap these cookies up with tissue paper, a cute box, and red and green bows.
GIVEAWAY: Because I really want you to be able to make these cookies, and many more, I am giving away:
- $10 Paypal gift card so you can buy some NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE Chocolate Morsels for yourself (see below for entry)
- Bonus coupons so you can buy other holiday products from NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE
You can enter the giveaway by visiting my Instagram page and the giveaway is open until SATURDAY the 12th.
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (128 g) whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- course sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla to a large bowl and whisk until completely combined.
- In a separate, medium sized, bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix half way with a spatula.
- Add chocolate chips and mix to incorporate the chocolate chips evenly but don't overmix.
- Scoop two tablespoons of dough into your hands, roll slightly and place on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 min and remove. Let cool slightly on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool the rest of the way.