For a long time, I thought the recipes I shared here on 24 Carrot Life had to be extra fancy or special. I would see a fellow blogger post a recipe for hard boiled eggs or veggies roasted in olive oil and think that it was “the easy way out”. It sure would take me a lot less time and worry to post a recipe as simple as those, I thought. As I continue to develop my blogging style though, I am recognizing the beauty in sharing un-fussy recipes with readers.
My mission for this blog has always been to show that eating healthy does not need to be complicated or boring, and I think sometimes I’ve strayed from that a bit. More than ever, I am focused on and dedicated to bringing only the best recipes to you all that are easy and quick to make.
The recipe I am sharing today is 100% easy and delicious. It doesn’t require fancy kitchen gadgets or ingredients and is ready with minimal work.
Whole sweet potatoes are baked on a cookie sheet until soft in the middle, then cut open and topped with coconut oil, natural almond butter, and coarse sea salt. If you’re a little skeptical about this combination, please just trust me and try it once. You will never go back to butter or olive oil on your sweet potatoes and you’ll fall head over heels with this sweet and salty combo.
What are some of the simple recipes or kitchen how-tos that you’d like to see?
- 4 sweet potatoes with skin on
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons creamy natural unsweetened almond butter
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork to let steam out when cooking.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, or until skin is crispy and a fork goes in without resistance.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Slice each potato and spread 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil inside. Drizzle 1 tablespoon almond butter (or more if you'd like!) on each sweet potato and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Serve hot.