My Valentine’s date this weekend was pizza and flourless brownies with lots of ice cream. That’s what February 14 looks like when your boyfriend lives thousands of miles away. (sad face) Sunday I kept the love going by treating myself to new clothes and a spin class.
I started watching Parenthood few weeks ago and I’m up to Season 3. I didn’t love it at first but once I got to episode five or so I started relating more to the characters and I’m a big fan now. It’s meant a lot of tv time, though, and I need to make some time for reading (one of my 2015 resolutions). It’s so strange how no one talks about New Years’ Resolutions after the first two weeks of January. Any of you still sticking with yours?
Enough rambling and onto these fries! It was 1 degree this morning in Philadelphia when I woke up, so I’m trying to eat as many warm foods as I can. These sweet potato fries are crispy and salty, and have a nice little kick from some cayenne pepper. The measurements are really just a guideline but feel free to use as much or as little of the spices as you like. Next week, I have an insane burger recipe coming to the blog that will pair perfectly with these fries. Stay tuned!
What did you do for Valentine’s Day weekend?
- 3-4 large sweet potatoes, brushed clean
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- generous sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut sweet potatoes into wedge or fry shapes, leaving the skin on.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl of ice cold water for 20 minutes while oven heats up. Drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Toss potatoes in olive oil and then sprinkle with the remaining spices and salt.
- Bake for twenty minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Serve immediately.
Strength and Sunshine says
We all need more sweet potato fries in our lives 😉
Katie @ 24 Carrot Life says
Jennifer @NourishedSimply says
Love sweet potato fries!