Two hot drinks in a row? I know, but I just couldn’t keep either of them from you so here’s another. And because all I want is a hot mug of something in my hands at all times now that it is officially cold out!
I feel like pumpkin spice has taken over the world these days, and it’s most prominently displayed as the pumpkin spice latte. I’ve been trying to cut back on caffeine these days, so this is a coffee-less pumpkin spice latte for any of those coffee haters out there.
I sweetened the latte with pure Canadian maple syrup because I love the fall flavor it gives to the drink. Maple syrup is a natural sweetener that has vitamins and minerals including manganese, riboflavin, zinc and potassium. Did ya know?!
What I love about maple syrup is that it’s not only amazing on top of waffles and pancakes..duh…but it’s also super versatile and can be used as a meat marinade, added to a smoothie, or used to sweeten granola bars and energy bites. 80 percent of the world’s maple syrup is produced in Canada so I’m thinking I need to make a trip up to Canada soon so I can stock up. I also never knew that there was a thing called maple water, which is what comes straight from the tree and is a great source of hydration with half the calories of coconut water. I’ll take it!
If you want to learn more about maple syrup (like the differences between Grade A and Grade B) or want to find other great maple syrup recipes check out www.purecanadamaple.com.
- 1 and 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- toppings: coconut whipped cream and pumpkin spice3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Add almond milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and vanilla extract to a microwave safe bowl and whisk to combine completely. Head on the stove or in the microwave.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream and a pinch of pumpkin spices.