I had big plans to get back on track this week after stuffing myself silly during Thanksgiving…and then I made these cookies.
Homemade gifts are my favorite kind around the holidays, especially when they have to do with food. I love the idea of giving cookie mix in a jar so that your loved ones will think of you while making (and eating, of course) the cookies. You can make the mix in a big batch and divide it into mason jars for a budget friendly and thoughtful gift. Don’t forget to pair your jar of mix with the recipe instructions.
This mix is for gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that are so irresistible I ate three in one sitting. So much for getting back on track…
These cookies are:
Studded with chocolate chips
These cookies are going straight to work with me today because I cannot be trusted alone with them.
What are some of your favorite homemade food gifts to give during the holidays?
- 1 cup rolled oats, gluten free
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Entire cookie mix
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add dry ingredients to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix together wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir to completely incorporate.
- Place dough in the fridge for 1 hour (or freezer for 30 minutes) to chill.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop out two tablespoons of dough. Roll in your hands and flatten gently.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly brown on top.
- Let cool for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to five days.
Sam @ PancakeWarriors says
Oh I Love Giving homemade gifts as well! This would be perfect to add to the list Id ideas. Thanks and good luck around the cookies!
Aerin Dunford says
This is SUCH a good idea. I love it and these sound amazing. Maybe you should make these for me as a welcome home present when we get back to Oaxaca on the 4th of January!!
Katie @ 24 Carrot Life says
Haha I thought I was going to be the welcome home present? But yes, let’s make cookies!
So cute Katie, what a great idea!
PS – they look delish!
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine says
I love homemade gifts like this! They are so much more special than BUYING something!
Jeanette | Jeanette's Healthy Living says
I love this idea – a healthy cookie mix 🙂
Becca from ItsYummi.com says
What a terrific gift idea!
Homemade gifts make the best gifts! Love your cookie recipe. YUM.
Such a great gift idea! Thanks for sharing