I have a few friends who have similar healthy eating patterns as I and have become my cooking buddies. I highly recommend that if you love cooking you have a few cooking buddies who can inspire you to try new things in the kitchen. You can exchange recipes and lend each other a hand while cooking. The other day I had one of my cooking buddies come over to make lunch. We constructed this protein and veggie packed salad and Crunchy Sun Butter Granola Bars with Hemp Hearts.
This salad is pretty quick to prepare, and you can make the quinoa ahead of time and store in the fridge until you are ready to make the salad. The types of vegetables and measurements are really just guidelines, but feel free to take away and add anything you want.
What do you love to cook with your cooking buddies?
Asian Quinoa Salad with Cilantro Coconut Dressing
Serves 3-4 as main course.
Adapted from Ambitious Kitchen.
1 cup uncooked quinoa
½ a cucumber
½ cup shredded carrots
1 cup sliced red cabbage
1 cup cilantro leaves
¼ cup roasted and salted peanuts
½ an avocado, diced
¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
3 tablespoons cilantro leaves
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
1 garlic clove
pinch of salt
- Cook quinoa according to directions on the package. Let the quinoa cool completely and add to large bowl.
- Cut all the vegetables and add to the bowl with cilantro leaves. Toss all ingredients until combined. Do not add peanuts until ready to serve.
- Put all the dressing ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until thoroughly combined.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Great recipe! I substituted radishes for the red cabbage, chives for the garlic, and added more apple cider vinegar. Love the taste, could eat this every night!
Katie @ 24 Carrot Life says
So glad you liked it, Jane!