Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT" in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/gourmet-ads/Classes/GA_VAST_Mobile_Detect.php on line 18
It’s no surprise to most people who know me that I have a Type A personality. I love organizing and cleaning about as much as (or more than) I love going out and partying. I need to have a clean and neat surrounding before I can relax and enjoy other activities. Lately, I’ve been feeling pretty disorganized in many aspects of my life, so this long weekend was a great chance to reset and get ahead. I had extra time to get everything done I wanted to and I still had time to be with friends and relax.
I’m sure this feeling won’t last long since I have another busy week at work and I’ll be traveling again in two weeks, but I’m going to relish in the feeling of being on top of my to do lists and feeling accomplished. I’m glad I had a little time to work on the blog as well so I could share this simple yet delicious recipe for miso baked yams you. The combo of the sweet yam and the salty miso is divine! I paired half a yam with a salad for lunch each day last week and I can tell you that my coworkers were jealous. I’m swimming in potatoes from my winter CSA so I have a feeling there will be more potato recipes in the future. Hopefully you’ll start with this recipe and come back for more!
How was your weekend? Did you use it to get organized or relax with friends and family? Or both?!
- 2 yams, brushed clean and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons yellow miso
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- scallions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush the cut side of each yam with olive oil and place cut side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until brown and a fork goes through the potato smoothly.
- Remove potatoes from oven and mash each slightly with the back of a fork.
- Combine miso and melted butter in a bowl until completely combined and spoon evenly on top of each yam half.