I don’t have too much to report today. I made this pasta dish yesterday for a friend to celebrate 4th of July. It’s so easy to prepare and really highlights some seasonal and fresh ingredients. Pasta dishes are some of my favorites to make because you can really throw whatever produce and cheese you have in and it will most likely still taste great!
Crispy Prosciutto, Fresh Pea, and Mozzarella Pasta
3 cups uncooked whole wheat pasta
2 cups fresh peas
3-4 large fresh mozzarella balls
½ lb. prosciutto
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ cup fresh mint leaves
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Make sure to cook the pasta al dente, which means slightly chewy and not overcooked. Drain pasta, pour olive oil over the pasta, and mix until well coated.
- While pasta is cooking, boil water in a small saucepan and cook peas for a maximum of 5 minutes. You want the peas to still be crunchy when you bite into them.
- Rip prosciutto into pieces and add to a nonstick pan over medium heat (you do not need to put any oil in the pan). Cook until prosciutto is crispy and all the fat has been cooked off.
- Cut mozzarella into bite size pieces.
- Wash and dry mint leaves on a kitchen towel.
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Separate into four separate bowls to serve.
Substitutions: Bacon or ham for the prosciutto. Goat cheese for the mozzarella. Parsley for the mint.