Now that Thanksgiving is over, everyone is all like, “I’m over pumpkin, give me all the peppermint!” but I just don’t feel ready to give up my beloved winter squashes and root veggies just yet. In fact, I think pumpkins and sweet potatoes should be year-round foods. Who’s with me?! So today I am sharing these Maple Almond Sweet Potato Muffins after Thanksgiving and not feeling even slightly bad about it.
Once you try them, you’ll be glad I didn’t give up on my sweet taters!
This recipe has been in my notebook ready to come to life for a while but I’ve been really busy lately, with…well…life. The blog has taken a back seat more and more over the past year but it’s still something I love so much and think about constantly, so I’m hoping to kick things back into high gear in the new year (<– that rhymed!).
Ok, get this: these muffins are flourless thanks to gluten free rolled oats. They are made with just a few ingredients and have Maple Almond Perfect Bars as the star ingredient. They are low in sugar and made without refined sugar. AND they are made in a blender! Yup, you heard that right. Throw all the ingredients into a blender, blend it up, and you’re basically done. Now you’ll have more time for holiday shopping and less time in the kitchen trying to get your healthy eatin’ on. You’re welcome.
What are your thoughts on pumpkin or sweet potato after Thanksgiving?
- 2 Maple Almond Perfect Bars, room temperature
- 1 cup sweet potato (or pumpkin) puree/mash
- 3/4 cup rolled oats, gluten free optional
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix on high until completely combined and smooth. Add extra almond milk as needed to get the mixture going.
- Fill 9 muffin tins evenly with mix and shake the tin gently to even out the mix.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the middle of the muffin is set and the edges are lightly browned.
- Let cool slightly before eating!
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for about 3 days or in the fridge for 5-7 days.
I received free product from Perfect Bar as a part of this post and was compensated. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make 24 Carrot Life possible.
For more recipes made with my favorite bars, check out these posts: