This post has been sponsored by MARS, Pillsbury, and Ziploc. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I cannot believe that Thanksgiving and the winter holidays are right around the corner. Where has this year gone, guys?!
Somehow, I survived Halloween without stuffing myself to the brim with chocolate, but there is still plenty of time for that, and my first stop is this brownie brittle. If you love the chewy tops and crunchy corners of the brownie pan, then you are going to love this recipe!
Around this time of year, I like sharing recipes that make the perfect gift like this brittle or this Cookie Mix in a Jar.
When I was younger, I would make gifts for my closest group of friends every year before we left school for winter break. Most years, I made either a music playlist burned onto a cd (<–woah) or the world’s best candied almonds. In both cases, I would spend a significant amount of time preparing the gift, packaging it perfectly and writing individual notes to each friend. I was proud of these gifts and really looked forward to making them each year.
Fast forward to my adult life, and I still love giving homemade gifts around the holidays. I don’t, however, have as much time as I did in middle school (shocker), so I’m all about the “mostly homemade” gift. You might be wondering what the heck a “mostly homemade” gift is… Well, this recipe is a great example! It is made with Pillsbury brownie mix but because it’s a fun take on classic brownies and is completely customizable that makes it just a little more special. I made two different versions of this brittle- a pecan and chopped Dove Chocolate batch and a second one with Dove Chocolate drizzle and festive sprinkles. There are so many ways you could get creative, though!
Although this isn’t exactly what you would call a healthy recipe, my eating philosophy has always been that moderation is key and it’s ok to indulge every now and then. The holidays are definitely a time for that and hopefully this recipe will make enough for you to sneak a few squares for yourself ;). Make sure to store them in an adorable holiday themed container like the one above or in the Ziploc Holiday Bags, which are equally festive!
What’s your favorite mostly homemade foodie gift?
- 1 package of Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Classic Brownie mix
- 1 package Dove Milk Chocolate Squares
- shredded coconut and/or chopped pecans
- sprinkles of your choice
- 3 Ziploc Holiday Medium Round Printed Containers
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Make the brownie mix according to the box (the only change I made was to use 1/2 cup coconut oil instead of 3/4).
- Spread half the brownie mix on a lined cookie sheet until about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with chopped Dove chocolate and pecan pieces (or other toppings over your choice).
- Bake for 20 min. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before cutting.
- Unwrap 10 pieces of milk chocolate and melted in the microwave in 20 second intervals.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with the second half of the mix and, once cool, drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkles.
- Once cool, store the brittle in your holiday container for up to 5 days at room temperature or put in the fridge or freezer for longer shelf-life.
To save on the products featured in this post, use this Cartwheel offer the next time you shop at Target!