Well HELLOOOO there! Gosh, it’s been a while. I think this is the longest I have ever gone without posting on the blog since I started it over three years ago. Things have been kind of crazy lately. Lots of ups and downs and I’ve been needing to focus on some things other than the blog. I’ve missed you all, though, and I’m hoping to be around the blog a lot more!
Since I’ve been so busy lately, simple meals are where it’s at. My Sunday meal prep includes the makings for big lunch salads at the office, stir-fry or veggie curry, or a simple frittata. Eggs are so easy to make quickly when I’m starving after a workout and its 8:30 pm (which is like every night for me). I recently discovered a great way to make a fried egg over grated parmesan so the cheese gets crispy as the egg cooks. It’s like those parmesan crackers that come on top of your restaurant caesar salad…aka my favorite!
I can barely call this one a recipe since it’s so simple, but it’s a new favorite for me so I wanted to share it!
Besides this crispy parmesan egg, I’ve been kind of obsessing over a couple of my new favorite things right now:
- Vegetable Tofu Curry- I used the recipe on the back of this red curry paste and it’s now one of my go-to quick meals served with quinoa
- Dried mango at Whole Foods- You guys!! The dried mango from the bulk bins at Whole Foods is freaking addictive. Many times it is sold out when I go so I stocked up in a big way last weekend and it’s almost all gone already. Oops!
- Instagram- Even though I haven’t been posting on the blog as much as I would like, I’ve been sharing lots of yummy foods over on my Instagram account. Are you following me?!
- My local CSA- I love exploring farmers’ markets and supporting local producers. Two years ago, I found a CSA that works perfect for me. Philly Foodworks has an online market so you can choose what you want each week (instead of getting a surprise basket) and skip weeks as you like. I held a little get together with some friends last weekend so they could learn about the CSA and I made a killer spread if you ask me.
- Poshmark– I cleaned out my closet the a few weeks ago and I have tons of bags filled with high quality clothes that don’t fit or that I never wear. Poshmark is an app to sell your clothes where you control the pricing, etc. It’s a lot of work to photograph the clothes and maintain your closet but I’ve been having fun strategizing with it. I have also taken some clothes to consignment stores in Philadelphia (2nd Time Around is a favorite).
I hope you check out some of my favorite things!
Now it’s your turn! What are some of your favorite things these days?
- 1-2 fresh eggs
- 2-4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (or you can use a shredded cheese blend)
- Using a nonstick pan, heat over medium-low heat and sprinkle cheese across the bottom of the pan.
- Break your eggs over the cheese.
- Cook on low for about 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is light brown and your egg white is completely cooked.
- Serve immediately.