Helloooo peanut butter cookies!
Life has been pretty busy- as it always is this- time of year. I’ve been doing some last minute Christmas shopping and today we had our office Christmas party. It was a blast and I stayed out later than planned. Oh, and I didn’t wake up early this morning as I wanted to so I could finish this post. Life happens and I’m ok with it.
I’m so glad I get to share these cookies with you today though! Even though I’ve had some recipe failures lately, these cookies were spot on the first time I made them. They are soft and creamy in the middle, with a perfectly light brown bottom. Peanut butter cookies are one of my all-time favorites and if you add red and green M&Ms AND mini chocolate chips then my life is pretty much made.
This year, I finally joined The Food Blogger Cookie Swap and I made these 3 dozen of these babies to ship around the U.S. In return, I received three dozen cookies from three different bloggers. I got beautiful chocolate shortbread snowflakes, cranberry orange cookies, and the best sugar cookies with icing. Talk about lucky!
I took lots of cookies to my office so that I wasn’t eating them all myself and they were devoured before lunchtime! Being a part of the cookie swap this year was so much fun, and boy am I glad that these Peanut Butter M&M Cookies were the result.
I hope you are making lots of cookies, enjoying the holidays, and letting life happen too!
- 1 cup creamy natural unsweetened peanut butter
- 3/4 cup (1 and 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, unpacked
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups (256 g) whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup red and green M&Ms
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (regular sized is ok too!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add peanut butter, butter, and sugar to a large bowl and cream using an electric mixer until combined (no more than a minute).
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and beat again until mixed.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and stir until just mixed (don’t overmix).
- Add M&Ms and chocolate chips and fold them into the dough to combine.
- Roll dough into 24 even sized balls and place on a lined baking sheet (I use Silpat mats to line my sheets).
- Bake for 9 minutes or until very lightly browned on the bottom. Remove and let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.