What’s better than those crunchy clusters of granola? Umm, clusters of granola…covered in chocolate! Duh.
Someone please remind me never to make this again because I single-handedly ate an entire jar of chocolate clusters in less than a week. Between this recipe and the Salted Caramel Cashew Bars I made the other day, I have been eating plenty of sweet treats. I think it’s time for an intervention.
In fact, after this weekend I’m hoping to get back on the healthy eating and exercise train. I’ll keep you all posted.
But when I have chocolate covered granola in front of me, I eat it. And you will too. This is a great snack to make your afternoons a little more exciting, or a light way to get in that after dinner treat. But be careful because you won’t want to stop eating. Consider yourself warned!
- 1 batch of Fat Free Applesauce Granola (about 6 cups of granola)
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips (vegan optional)
- Cook granola according to instructions, making sure it is fully cooked until crispy. Let granola cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips in 30 sec-1 minute intervals in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave. Stir sporadically until melted.
- Add granola and melted chocolate to a large bowl and stir until granola is mostly coated.
- Spread onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat mat and let cool overnight at room temperature. *If you want to speed up the cooling process you can place the cookie sheet in the fridge or freezer until hard.
If you like this recipe, then you’ll love this Dark Chocolate Almond Granola too. It’s a little less chocolatey and more breakfast appropriate than today’s recipe. Both are so addicting, though!