Since my Fiesta Fridays series is winding down at the end of this month I thought it would be fun to start up a new series: a list of my favorite things from the last month.
Each month, I will post 5 of my favorite things, which could be anything from websites to photographs or products. I really want these posts to be interactive so please share some of your favorite things from the past month in the comments!
1. I never used to listen to podcasts but when I heard that Dana was interviewed on The Lively Show I had to check it out. Over the next week or so I listened to all the old episodes and became pretty much obsessed with this podcast. Jess’s blog and podcast are all about sharing ways to live more intentionally. Ever since getting hooked on this podcast I have realized that “living intentionally” is the perfect way to describe how I want to live my life! Some of my favorite bloggers have been interviewed by Jess, and I’ve been introduced to new websites and companies, as well as lots of helpful resources for living more intentionally. I also recently added the Design Sponge podcast After The Jump to my iPod, which has been on the air for a while now so there are lots of old episodes. If you have a favorite inspirational or informative podcast please share!
2. I discovered the Tone It Up girls last year and have been in love with them ever since. Not only are they gorgeous, but they really break down the whole fitness and healthy eating thing into something manageable and approachable. I’m on the 5th week of their Bikini Series to get ready for summer. I don’t always follow their schedule to a T, but I’ve been ramping up my cardio lately to see if I can break through a plateau and Karena and Katrina are pretty darn motivating.
3. I’m slightly embarrassed to say that I’ve only recently gotten into green smoothies, but this Piña Kale-Ada recipe by Rabbit Food for My Bunny Teeth has officially converted me. I’ve got my own green smoothie bowl recipe comin’ at you soon!
4. Obviously, I had to include Oaxaca on my May Favorites list. It has been my second home since I first discovered its magic and beauty in 2010. Living here for the past 10 months has been extremely challenging at times, but I am so grateful to have had this opportunity and I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I know that after just a few days back in Philadelphia I will be wishing I could be in Oaxaca again. I have very mixed feelings about leaving on Sunday, but, of course, I will be back soon, so that makes things a little easier. If you ever get a chance, you should absolutely visit Oaxaca (if for nothing else, then just to try all the amazing food here)!
5. You guys! I haven’t had a professional pedicure in TEN MONTHS!! Needless to say, my feet are in desperate need and this is one of the first things I’ll be doing when I get back to the States. I’m loving (always) summer-inspired nail art, and this DIY brush stroke version is no different.
LET’S CHAT: What are some of your favorites this month?