Everyone is talking about New Years’ resolutions, and of course, eating healthy and working out are on the top of many people’s lists. I am planning on sharing some of my resolutions here over the next week or so, and I even have a little DIY project I’m going to try out so that I can display my resolutions in my apartment to keep me on track.
This beet hummus will definitely help you kickstart 2014! It has fiber and protein to keep you full.
I love having healthy dips on hand when I need a quick snack or want to impress guests. I’ve been loving beets in all forms lately, and threw some into my usual hummus recipe to change up the flavor. Doesn’t this hummus have such a beautiful, vibrant pink color?!
Don’t be afraid to give it a try and let me know what you think!
What’s your favorite non traditional hummus variation?
- 1 and ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- ½ cup chopped cooked beets
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sesame tahini
- lime juice from 2 large limes, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Process until completely smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.