I was so pumped the other day when I received a comment from Ani saying that she nominated me for The Sunshine Awards. This award is passed on by bloggers to fellow bloggers who “positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” I had never heard about the award until Ani nominated me and I think it is a really great way to create community among bloggers, share other great blogs with readers, and answer some questions about myself.
Ani posted 10 questions for me to answer and I figured it would be a great way to give you all some insight into who I am outside of the blog. You can find the answers to these questions on my About page as well.
1. You can only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what is it?
Probably ice cream…cookies and cream ice cream.
2. Is there anything you wish you could change about yourself to be healthier?
I wish I could lower my sugar intake a bit. I am pretty good about not eating refined sugars, but I still think my overall sugar intake is a bit high. I am thinking about buying The 21-Day Sugar Detox book and giving that a try in the new year.
3. If money was no issue, how would you spend your time?
I would travel the world.
4. If you have an hour to kill, what do you do?
Lately I have been doing lots of blogging research, part of which involves reading my favorite blogs (the list has gotten really long). So I’m often doing that whenever I have a couple of free minutes. Oh, and I’m obsessed with Instagram these days.
5. What is one superpower that you wish you had?
6. Do you have a particular cookbook that you love?
I don’t have a favorite cookbook but The Joy of Cooking is a classic one that my mom and I often look at together.
7. What is your favorite Thanksgiving food/side dish?
Every root and winter vegetable you can imagine roasted with olive oil and sea salt.
8. What is one piece of advice you would give to someone wanting to change their diet?
Do lots of research and try different tips or diets (vegan, vegetarian, paleo, IIFYM) until you find what works best for you. Everyone is different and what works for one person may not work for you.
9. If you got the opportunity to live in another country for a year, which country would you choose?
I guess I have to say Mexico for this one since that’s where I am living for a year RIGHT NOW! Good timing.
10. What is your favorite movie?
This is hard and I don’t often keep a running list of my favorite movies, but I like older comedies like Black Sheep.
Here are my 10 nominations:
The Little Honey Bee
Yeah…Imma Eat That
The Lean Green Bean
Nutritionist in the Kitch
This Rawsome Vegan Life
My Whole Food Life
Peanut Butter Fingers
Better with Cake
Here are my questions:
1. Chocolate or vanilla?
2. What is your favorite thing to do with your free time?
3. What book are you reading right now?
4. What is your dream job?
5. Best band you’ve seen in concert?
6. Favorite quote?
7. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
8. The best vacation you’ve ever had?
9. What is your favorite season and why?
10. Pancakes or waffles? With what toppings?
If you’d like to participate, here is what you do:
1. Post the award logo in a post.
2. Link back to the person that nominated you.
3. Answer my ten questions on your blog post.
4. Nominate ten blogger friends, let them know, and post links to them.