If you’re a fan of Girl Scout Cookies as much as I am, then you are going to love these little Samoa Banana Bites. They are a cinch to whip up and just sweet enough to curb your sugar cravings.
I had a bunch of super ripe bananas lying around the other day, and while I usually throw them in a plastic bag in the freezer to use for smoothies I decided to finally try my hand at some chocolate covered banana bites. Have you ever bought the ones from Trader Joe’s? They are unbelievable addicting.
Can you even believe that one of these little bites is under 100 calories?! But, the problem is that you’re definitely not going to be able to eat just one.
I think this makes about 17 little sandwich bites, although I’m not completely sure because I ate some of the halves as I was making them… not sorry about that one.
I used up the last of my Homemade Caramel sauce for these, so it’s time to make another batch. You can use any store bought or homemade caramel that you have to sandwich between the banana slices.
Samoa Banana Bites
Makes approximately 17 bites.
2 large bananas, ripe and sliced into 1-inch slices
2-3 tablespoons caramel, homemade or store bought
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
6 tablespoons agave syrup
2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
pinch of salt
- Freeze banana slices on parchment paper for about an hour or overnight.
- Remove banana slices from the freezer and spoon ¼ teaspoon of caramel on half of the banana slices. Place the slices without caramel on top of those that have caramel. Place in the freezer again while you prepare the chocolate.
- Prepare the raw chocolate by whisking together cocoa powder, coconut oil, and agave syrup until there are no more clumps.
- Mix your toasted coconut flakes with a pinch of salt and keep on a flat plate for dipping the banana bites.
- Remove the bananas from the freezer.
- Using your fingers and a fork to lift the sandwiches, coat them with chocolate, and then sprinkle coconut on them or roll them in the coconut. Place back on the parchment paper.
- Freeze again for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Keep them in an airtight container in the freezer.
Serving Size: 1 bite Calories: 93 Fat: 5.3 g Carbohydrates: 12.5 g Protein: .5 g Fiber: 1.8 g Sugar: 8.7 g