I was skeptical about chocolate pudding made using avocados for a long time, so I decided to give it a try. It really wasn’t bad. There was a slight avocado aftertaste, but I also didn’t put that much sweetener in the first time I made this. It’s worth trying this recipe out to see if you like the flavor since it is a much healthier option than other chocolate puddings.
- 2 very ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup agave or maple syrup (I used a little less but it wasn't super sweet)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cacao nibs, chocolate shavings, or chia seeds (optional for garnish)
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth, scraping down the sides occasionally Top with cacao nibs, chocolate shavings, or chia seeds.