When I saw an opportunity to review ProCakes High Protein Pancake Mix through Fitfluential a few weeks ago I jumped on it. I love making protein pancakes but I often end up with a pancake that resembles something more like rubber than food. No bueno.
If you aren’t familiar with protein pancakes, then let me fill you in. There are lots of different ways to add protein to your pancakes- greek yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs whites, and protein powders. I’ve tried all these different methods and adding protein powder usually gets me the most bang for my buck in terms of protein content. But, the problem is that the whey protein powder I’ve used cooks strangely and leaves me with rubbery textured pancakes instead of fluffy ones.
Protein pancakes are a great way to get your protein in early in the day and they make a usually carb heavy breakfast option a little healthier. This is why I love protein pancakes and haven’t given up on experimenting with different methods and types of protein powder.
So what about ProCakes? The ProCakes protein pancakes are a whole different story. Fluffy, flavorful, and no rubbery texture at all. They have a subtle cinnamon flavor and could be souped-up with different additions like chocolate chips, blueberries, banana, etc. Even better- there are no added sugars, 20 grams of protein (after adding an egg and 1/3 cup of milk), and they are gluten free. WIN! Since you don’t have to create your own mixture these pancakes are ready in about five minutes!
I can assure you that I will be purchasing a big ‘ole bag of ProCakes since I can never go back to rubbery homemade pancakes again.
- 1 serving of ProCakes Protein Pancake Mix (46 grams)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk (I used light coconut milk)
- Preheat a nonstick pan over low heat.
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk until just combined.
- When your pan is hot, spoon about two tablespoons for each pancake onto the pan (will make three pancakes). Let cook on low until set and bubbles form. Flip pancakes and cook for another minute on the other side.
- Serve however you like your pancakes!
I was provided with free ProCakes product through Fitfluential and all opinions are my own.