When I saw that the recent Recipe Redux monthly theme was bars and bites I was pumped. Who doesn’t like easy to make and healthy snack bars?! I am such a sucker for any kind of snack bar or bite size snack bite (also known as balls…sorry).
When it came time to make the bar recipe I had in mind, I didn’t really know where to start. I added way too much liquid and the bars were too soft and sticky. They were tasty but not perfect enough to share with you all. So the first attempt headed to the freezer, while I headed back to the food processor for another try.
I went way simpler and cleaner the second time and ended up with a Luna bar-eque snack. But this is no regular Luna bar, this is a salted caramel cashew bar. It tastes just like it sounds and is so simple to toss in a container and take on the road. Please tell me you’ll make it?
I think I see lots more bars and bites in my future!
- 2 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pitted medjool dates
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper or grease it with cooking spray.
- Add cashews and salt to a food processor and pulse/process until mostly chopped with a few large pieces left.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and process until the dates are well chopped and everything is combined.
- Scoop everything into the baking pan and press down firmly with your fingers.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight and then cut with a sharp knife.
- Keep stored in the fridge.